We are happy to announce the release of Proton Mail v1.11. As usual, please clear your browser cache or log out and log back in if you encounter any problems.
- Added a layer of redundancy to prevent incoming email loss in the event of a server crash.
- Added ability to import contacts.
- Added basic swipe support to mobile.
- Added additional security layers to backend and API systems.
- Added Auto-Save of messages to Drafts.
- Messages that expire will fade out in real-time.
- Real-time countdown for expiring messages (on icon hover).
- Updated fetching of latest messages for performance.
- Updated style of loading icons.
- Fixed typos site-wide.
- Fixed minor UI inconsistencies for more polished UX.
- Fixed a bug where composing a message would generate a 404 Error.
- Fixed a bug where certain message titles were not displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug where extremely long messages broke the UI on smaller screens.
- Improved handling of messages with non-standard encodings.
- Improved email parsing to better display HTML emails.
- Improved ability to handle invalid email formats.
- Improved the Update page for incompatible browsers.
- Reworked UI panel for message expiration.
- Reworked loading of Compose page for performance.
- Reworked mobile UX for improved experience.
- Reworked printing for better support of foreign languages.
- Reworked backend for performance
- Reworked Contacts page.
- Multiple attachments not properly supported.
- Mobile and Tablet not yet fully supported.
- Attachments are not encrypted.
- Fixed a reflected XSS attack that where users could hack themselves by searching with a malicious string.
- Fixed a vulnerability where users could hack their own accounts using a specially crafted iframe XSS on the Compose page. (credit: M.R.Vignesh Kumar)
- Images in html emails are no longer automatically loaded to prevent tracking.