We are happy to announce the release of Proton Mail v1.13. As usual, please clear your browser cache or log out and log back in if you encounter any problems.
- Use native crypto.api functionality in browsers that support it.
- Drag and drop attachments now allows for faster uploading of attachments and support for multiple attachments.
- Drag and drop added for importing contacts
- Added spam and anti-virus filtering.
- We now support sending of plain-text emails along with HTML emails in our outgoing messages
- Added the ability to embed images in emails
- Rebased CSS files to SCSS for future custom theming with community themes
- It is now possible to receive emails sent to email@example.com
- New layout for mobile
- The current folder is now highlighted in the sidebar when viewing a message
- Fixed buggy notification system that alert users when they receive new emails
- Reworked auto-saving of messages to be faster and more stable
- Improved parsing for ICS calendar formats
- Removed Google Analytics and replaced it with a local Piwik installation
- Updated inbox user interface
- Upgraded editor for composing messages
- Temporarily removed view Original Messages features, this will return in v1.14 after some optimizations.
- Account creation on mobile devices is unreliable.
- Encrypted attachments not yet enabled.
A big thanks to Kacper Rybczyński(new window) and Mazin Ahmed(new window) for their help in security testing version 113! Several security issues were identified and fixed on the dev branch prior to release.