We are happy to announce the release of version 1.5.0 of Proton Mail’s secure email app for iOS and Android! Version 1.5.0, which was previously available only to members of our mobile beta community, is now available in the iOS and Android app stores.
You can get the non-beta version of the apps from the following links:
Google Play store here(new window)
Apple App store here(new window).
It is still possible to register for the Proton Mail Mobile Beta Program. Not only is this a great way to support Proton Mail, you will be able to get early access to the newest mobile features before they are publicly available. Learn more(new window)
Proton Mail v1.5.0 contains numerous bug fixes to our secure email app, along with the addition of one important new feature, support for embedded images.
Please consider supporting Proton Mail by upgrading to a Paid Account(new window). Your support allows us to continue to develop Proton Mail encrypted email as free and open source software(new window).
Encrypted Embedded Images
Email has evolved tremendously from the first days of sending simple text messages from one computer to another. Modern day communication is heavily reliant upon the use of images to easily and quickly illustrate ideas, thoughts and scenery. Not to be contained by the attachment, images are included in the very body of our messages surrounded by text providing context to the images.
Proton Mail is excited to bring encryption to this wildly popular feature. Continuing the goal of providing all the modern convenience and joy technology brings with the peace of mind of privacy that Proton Mail delivers.
The full release notes for Android and iOS secure email app v1.5.0 can be found below:
- Create Account Plans
- Ability to upgrade plan and donate from app
- Embedded Images
- Permission for “Device and App History” removed
- Attach multiple files at once (supported mix of Video and Image also)
- Sometimes recipients in To not shown while To is collapsed (shown only when expanded)
- Sometimes double Sent message is shown
- Labels sometimes not correctly loaded
- Fix missing Attachment icon after Search and Mark Unread
- Search improved (Search is done first locally and expanded with API results if there is network connection)
- Embedded images support
- Landscape search navigation not displaying correctly
- Changed ”Add Star” to ”Remove star” when star is already applied
- Fixed duplicate contacts when app uses phone contacts and Proton Mail contacts
- Fixed crashing app when clicking on a notification
- Fixed incoming PGP mail that were unable to be decrypted and improperly formatted
- Fixed broken signup Recaptcha
- Fixed error handling when app goes into background after sending a message
- Fixed when user changes the default address, the display name should be updated
- Updates to OpenPGP library