The default setting in Bridge is to automatically start when you turn on your computer. To turn this setting off and on, open Bridge and go to Settings. There you can toggle the “Automatically Start Bridge” option.
In some cases, you may see an error indicating that autostart is not possible due to your computer’s permissions. If you see this error, there is a simple way to resolve the issue:
Update permissions in macOS
1. Navigate to your LaunchAgents folder by opening Macintosh HD, then finding Library -> LaunchAgents.
2. Right-click on the folder and select Get Info.
3. Click the lock icon in the bottom right corner of the window and enter your system password.
4. Under Sharing Permissions, ensure that the user and administrator have Read & Write permissions. To update this setting, click on the arrows icon and choose Read & Write.
Update permissions in Windows
1. Navigate to your Startup folder (/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup).
2. Right click on Properties and select Security.
3. Make sure that the user has both read and write permissions.