How to block unwanted emails
If you’re receiving unwanted emails in your inbox, you can easily block the sender on the Proton Mail web app. The block will apply across all platforms, including the Proton mobile apps.
How to block someone on Proton Mail on the web:
- Sign in to your Proton Account at mail.proton.me(new window).
- Open the email from the sender you’d like to block.
- Select the sender’s name and address in the From: field and click Block messages from this sender in the dropdown menu.
- Select Block to confirm. All incoming emails from this sender are now automatically blocked.
Manage your block list using Proton Mail on the web
You can also manage your block list by going to Settings → Go to Settings → Filters (in the left sidebar) → Spam & block list. You can choose to block someone using their email address, block all senders from an email domain, or unblock someone.
How to block someone
- Under Spam and block list, select Add address and click Block from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the email address you’d like to block.
- Click Add address to add the sender to the block list.
How to remove a block
- Under the Spam and block list, find the sender you’d like to unblock.
- Select … under the Edit column and click Remove block.