If you’re switching from Roboform to Proton Pass, you can securely transfer your passwords using our built-in system. There are two main steps, and it takes just a few minutes:
How to export from Roboform
Before you can import your password files, you first need to export them.
- Click on the Roboform extension in the top right of your browser (it’s the small robot head). The extension will open. Click on the three vertical dots in the top right, and from there click Settings.
- A new tab will open in your browser. In the left-hand pane, go to Account & Data and from there choose Export under Import & Export.
- Roboform will ask for your master password to confirm. Enter it and click Continue.
- A new dialog box will open. Here, you can optionally rename the export file. If you’re happy with the choice, click Export.
- Roboform will now export the file, which may take a few seconds. Once done, click the dialog box away. Your exported file will be in your downloads folder.
How to import to Proton Pass
With the exported file from Roboform downloaded, next you need to import it into Proton Pass.
- Open the browser extension by clicking on the diamond-shaped Proton icon in the top right of your browser. Once it’s open, click on the same icon in the extension, which is in the top left.
- A pane will slide out. Select Settings.
- A new screen will open. Choose Import from the top selection bar, and in the new screen choose Roboform from the options.
- Now, either drag the exported file from Roboform into the dialog box, or click on the button that says Choose a file to find it on your hard drive. Then, click Import.
- Next you’ll have to choose a vault for your passwords. Your personal vault is the standard choice, but you can pick another. Once you’re happy, click Confirm.
- The import process will take just a few seconds. Afterwards, you can continue browsing and auto-filling your passwords as normal.