Proton is a privacy-by-default alternative to Big Tech ecosystems, one that is neutral and puts people first.
Much more than just a visual refresh that makes our apps more modern and easier to use, the new Proton brings our services together to form a unified, privacy-by-default ecosystem. For the first time, with a single Proton Account, you can access your secure email, calendar, file storage, and VPN.
Now that Proton services are integrated, you can get things done quickly while keeping all your data private and secure. For example, you can:
- Easily send email invitations for your events
- Automatically add events to your calendar
- Easily share large files from your Proton Drive
- Subscribe to a friend or partner’s calendar
Our ecosystem is starting to work across all your devices. Whether you are at home sitting in front of your laptop (or smart TV) or out-and-about with your phone or tablet, you’re always in control of your data.
Better serving the Proton community
We believe that privacy must be free and accessible for everyone, and our objective is to build an ecosystem that is as easy to use as those offered by Big Tech. Only then will Proton’s services provide a true alternative to Google. As part of this effort, we will work to continually improve integrations between the various Proton privacy services.
Over the course of 2022 and beyond, we will do the following:
- Bring existing Proton services to more and more platforms (web, desktop, mobile, connected devices, etc.)
- Enhance integrations to provide more automation between Proton services.
- Increase the size of our ecosystem by introducing new private-by-default services
Throughout this effort, we will continue to be led by our community. Your opinion matters. Let us know which integrations and services are most important to you on social media, and we will focus on building them first. Proton’s privacy ecosystem is the first step toward a better internet. With your support, we look forward to building it out even more.