This article explains how to verify and install an RPM package on your Linux device.
- Download the file to the current working directory
- Download the public key `bridge_pubkey.gpg` to the current working directory
- Import the public key into the RPM keyring:
sudo rpm --import bridge_pubkey.gpg
- Check the downloaded RPM package file by running:
rpm --checksig protonmail-bridge-3.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm
If the check passes, you should see this:
protonmail-bridge-3.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm: digests signatures OK
- Install the package using your package manager:
dnf install protonmail-bridge-3.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm
Please make sure that file names in the commands match the downloaded Bridge version. If the latest version is displayed as v3.1.1, you need to enter it as 3.1.1.-1.