This article explains how to verify and install the DEB package on your Linux device.
- Download the Bridge file
- To verify the package, install:
sudo apt-get install debsig-verify debian-keyring
- Right-click on bridge_pubkey.gpg → Save link as… to save the file to your device.
- Import the public key into keyring by following these instructions:
gpg --dearmor --output debsig.gpg bridge_pubkey.gpg
sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/debsig/keyrings/E2C75D68E6234B07
sudo mv debsig.gpg /usr/share/debsig/keyrings/E2C75D68E6234B07
- Download the policy file `bridge.pol`
If you are using **Ubuntu 16.04** or derivatives, use the file `bridge_16.04.pol`
- Install the policy file:
sudo mkdir -p /etc/debsig/policies/E2C75D68E6234B07
sudo cp bridge.pol /etc/debsig/policies/E2C75D68E6234B07
- Check `deb` file by running:
If the check passes, you should see this:
debsig: Verified package from 'Proton Technologies AG (ProtonMail Bridge developers) firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Install the package using your package manager:
sudo apt-get install ./protonmail-bridge_1.2.6-1_amd64.deb
Please make sure that file names in the commands match the downloaded Bridge version. If the latest version is displayed as v1.2.6, you need to enter it as 1.2.6.-1.