Once you have added a custom domain(new window) to your account, you can create an organization. This enables multiple users to have email addresses using your custom domain.
Note: You cannot delete an organization once you’ve created it.
To create an organization:
1. Log in to your Proton Account at account.proton.me(new window) and go to Settings → Go to Settings → Organization → Multi-user support.
2. Click the Enable multi-user support button to create your first organization. You will then be prompted to pick a name for your organization. This name is for private internal use only, so it will not be seen outside your account.
3. Select your organization’s encryption key strength. This key will be used to encrypt all data in your organization user’s accounts (not your private user(new window) accounts), giving you access to the data while preventing Proton Mail from accessing it. Click Submit once you have made your choice.
4. Set a password for your organization. This is what protects your key from Proton Mail, so it is critical that you do not lose or forget this password. It is the only way you can access your organization in the future. Click Submit when you’re done.
If you lose this password then you will not be able to modify your organization’s settings.
6. Allocate storage space to your administrator account. The amount of storage space you have available is determined by your plan.
You can allocate your storage space(new window) among your organization’s users at a later point, but for now, you are allocating storage space only for the administrator account. This storage will be used for the administrator’s email contents and for files stored on Proton Drive(new window). Click Submit when you’re done.
Your organization is now activated. You should now see its name when you go to Organization → Organization and keys in your Proton Account Settings.
The next step is to add new users to your Proton Mail organization(new window).
How to set up an organization in Proton Mail
Step 1: Set up your custom domain(s)
Step 2: Create your organization(new window) (you are here)