You can choose your currency when you upgrade to a paid plan or change the currency for an existing paid plan.
How to choose the currency when upgrading from Proton Free
To change the currency when upgrading to a paid plan:
1. Log in to your Proton Account at account.proton.me on a computer and click Settings → All settings → Dashboard.
2. Select the currency you wish to use from the dropdown menu in the top right of the screen, then select the plan you wish to upgrade to.
All subsequent payments will be made in that currency unless you change it again.
Changing the currency for an existing paid plan
If you already have a paid plan, you can change the currency you use for future purchases.
1. Log in to your Proton Account at account.proton.me and click Settings → All settings → Dashboard → Your plan.
2. Click From [price]/month to choose the recommended plan and continue to the checkout, or select Explore other Proton plans to compare all options.
3. Select the currency you wish to use from the dropdown menu in the top right of the screen, then select the plan you wish to upgrade to.
4. Or you can choose the currency you wish to use at the checkout.
Note: Changing the currency also extends the duration of your paid plan, which means you’ll be charged again but not the full amount. Depending on how long the plan has been used, you will be only charged the difference for the extension.
For example, if you pay monthly on 10 August, your paid plan will last until 10 September. If you then decide to change the currency on 20 August, your plan will be extended until 20 September, but you will only be charged for the 10-day difference, not the full amount for one month.