If you have a Proton for Business plan or a legacy Visionary plan with a custom domain, you can create an organization and add users to it.
With our latest release, you can create multiple sub-users for your organization at once by uploading a CSV file with the information in it.
1. Log in to your Proton Account at account.proton.me.
2. Click Settings → All settings → Organization → Users and Addresses → Create multiple user accounts and then click Download CSV sample.
3. Once you have the CSV sample, open it and fill in the following required information (according to the columns in the file):
- Display name for the user
- Email address (To add more than one email address for a user, separate the addresses with commas)
- Password (for login)
- Storage – You must enter the amount in bytes. For example, to assign someone 1 GB of storage, you must enter 1,073,741,824. You can use an online unit converter(new window) to make this process simpler.
- VPN access – enter 1 to allocate VPN connections or 0 to create the account without VPN connections.
- Note: Not all plans include VPN connections. For example, if you have a Mail Essentials plan, you can’t assign VPN connections to your sub-users. Check our pricing page for more details.
- Select whether you want the user to be private or non-private.
- 1 for private
- 0 for non-private
Once you’ve entered all the required information, please make sure that your file is saved as a CSV file and upload it to your Proton Account by clicking the Upload CSV file button.
Note: You can modify any of the features you assigned to your organization’s sub-users by clicking Settings → All settings → Organization → Users and addresses and clicking the Edit button next to the desired user.
You’ll receive a prompt window to confirm the changes. Then you can proceed with creating accounts for your organization’s sub-users.
Once created, you can share the login credentials with the members of your organization, and they will be able to log in to their accounts.